Monday, March 28, 2011

Skinny ties


Phew, nearly had heart failure...

Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but when I saw a site advertising skinny ties I certainly got a little perturbed.

Turns out that what they're calling skinny ties are pretty normal-looking. They're just not those wide ties that are still around to a degree.

Really skinny ties are what we used to wear - was it back in the sixties? They were pretty dreadful to be honest - even then. The picture shows an example, though most people barely notice the tie, probably. (Found on this site.)

You have to be skinny to wear a skinny tie. So that lets me off the hook.

Actually, truth to tell I've hardly worn a tie for years - since 1989, when my then manager proclaimed there was no need to wear one. I only wear them for formal occasions now, and there aren't too many of those.

I seem to remember wearing a skinny one for a play, but in my decrepitude, I can no longer remember what play it was. It may come back to me.

No comments: