Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dropped a stone!

Turns out that the scales I used to weigh myself last night don't work well on carpet. Don't ask me, I only report on what I'm told.

So when they were shifted to a hard surface, I suddenly dropped a stone in weight: went from 13 stone (82 kilos) to 12 (76 kilos), which is much more normal for me in recent years. Phew! I still need to get some weight off below the stomach, where it seems all to have sunk to, but losing something from 12 stone is easier on the system than losing a lot from 13 stone.

Be good if I could get down to 11 (just under 70 kilos). That would be much closer to my old weight. Will keep you informed (if you're really interested, that is!)

2 comments:

ben said...

Where was your reference weigh-in taken? Carpet or hard floor :)

Mike Crowl said...

1st weigh-in on the carpet, second on the hard floor.
Since then I don't seem to have made much progress, except that my pants fit round the waist much more comofortably!