Today he has three posts on the go, but the one that really appealed (mainly to my artist-struggling-to-market-his-product-type-person) was the one that starts in this way.
If you've got an idea worth spreading, I hope you'll consider this random assortment of rules. Like all rules, some are made to be broken, but still...
I won't include all the rules here, but here are some of my favourites.
- Waiting for inspiration is another way of saying that you're stalling. You don't wait for inspiration, you command it to appear.
- Don't poll your friends. It's your art, not an election.
- The hard part is finishing, so enjoy the starting part.
- Figure out how long your idea will take to spread, and multiply by 4.
- Think big. Bigger than that.
- Try not to confuse confidence with delusion.
- Surround yourself with encouraging voices and incisive critics. It's okay if they're not the same people. Ignore both camps on occasion.
- Be grateful.