Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In reverse

I wrote about the reverse auction process at bid4prizes.com a couple of months ago, regretting the fact that I couldn’t join in with this system because I don’t live in the right part of the world. Unfortunately nothing has changed on that front, so I’m still missing out on this fun approach to sweepstakes. Well, that’s the way it goes. We can’t all get free gifts on the Internet – at least not through this site! I’ll have to check around and see if anyone else is doing this sort of thing, as it sounds fun, and a number of people who got prizes out of it have left their comments on the site, remarking how surprised they were in each case to win.

It’s probably more of a surprise in a reverse auction than a normal auction, where you have a pretty good idea if you’re going to win. Plus the bonus, with this site, of getting prizes without having to pay anything. I don’t know how this is funded (in fact, it’s a mystery to me how lots of things are funded that include a big cash prize or item prizes, such as Who Wants to be a Millionaire?) but there don’t appear to be any catches, and that’s what people on the Internet want: no hidden traps!

No comments: