Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Practicing not quite enough...

I haven’t been playing much music while I’ve been on holiday. Partly it’s a matter of having had much less access to a piano, and partly it’s laziness. Where we’re staying at present there’s a piano, and I’ve been working on a Bach piece, the Italian Concerto. (At least I think that’s what it is: I have this great ability to ‘know’ something until I come to try and write it down correctly.)

I was just reading one of my old posts again, about trying to play the first sonata by Michael Tippett. Compared to the Tippett, the Bach is a breeze, although I still have a few sticky patches to contend with. It’s not helping that my fingers aren’t feeling at all flexible at the moment; typing on the computer isn’t a substitute for playing the piano, even though you’re using the same digits.

No comments: