Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Blasted daylight saving!!

We’ve just had the joyous news that daylight saving has been extended for yet another three weeks. Why don’t they just go the whole hog and make the whole year daylight saved? Before they brought in the longer period of daylight saving there used to be a time when you could get up in the mornings and walk around in the daylight before breakfast. This period has been so reduced now that for someone like me who has to go to work at eight am, there’s virtually no daylight in the mornings, except in high summer.
I’ve always loathed the changeover time with daylight saving. I always feel it takes me a fortnight to catch up, though this year, for some reason, it didn’t affect me as much. My wife sails through it and treats me in the same way as she does when I have a cold: get over it!

No comments: