Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Getting well away from it all

I’m not the world’s greatest traveller, and nor have I ever thought much about staying in popular resorts in a large vacation home close to the beach where the sea spray can be felt from the front door on a breezy morning. (Waxing lyrical here!) Well, part of the reason is that I’ve never had the cash to do this, and part of the reason is that I don’t like moving far from home! My wife, on the other hand, would go anywhere at the drop of a hat – and sometimes I’ve been swept up and taken as a result, to some place I wouldn’t have thought of going. We even decked out our Toyota TownAce once with its own temporary curtains and slept in it in places we felt like stopping at.
But I must say that reading the Gebhart Properties page on the Net is very enticing! And slightly different to sleeping in a TownAce. These are exclusive resort locations in the Hawaiian Islands. The houses have spacious living areas, custom furnishings, and specially commissioned artwork.
One of condominiums sleeps 6 and offers a mere 2,576 square feet of living space with private elevator access, gourmet kitchen, and outstanding views of Anaeho'omalu Bay and Kileaua. Private elevator access….I love it! 2,576 square feet: I’d just about be able to fit into that!
Another comfortably sleeps up to 8 people and features full-sized kitchens and expansive lanais (a verandah or roofed patio), two master suites and a private wading pool. Your own wading pool seems a little superfluous when you’re that close to the beach, but am I complaining?
You can check these out under this link: Maui Vacation Rental. After the kind of miserable winter we’ve had, and the almost equally miserable summer Maui seems worth making the effort for. It might break the bank, but what the heck? I’m unemployed anyway!
Disclosure statement

No comments: