Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Scratchings

I don’t know whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing that my post on athlete’s fingers keeps coming up when people go searching for info on athlete’s foot, itchy bottoms, and scabies (which is apparently called the seven year itch because of the longevity of the infestation). Am I keeping the right sort of company here?
They’re advertising an ointment at home in NZ on tv that claims that once you use it you’ll never have athlete’s foot again. A most counterproductive ointment in these days of stuff that has no longevity. I always intend to check out the price on the stuff. For starters it looks as though there’s far more there than you’d need, and I can’t imagine it goes for a few dollars.
To go off on a completely different track, I see that people have been searching for Winifred Kavalieris again – and this blog came top of the search list. Wow! Thanks, Winifred.
And someone else has been searching for Wally Crossman paintings on the Net. They won’t get far: I think there are very few listed. Having said that, I checked under Wallace Crossman, and found a page of his works.
I see the argument about whether to put lemon or orange peel in your compost is still raging (though raging might be putting it a bit excessively). I say, you can put some of these in your compost. I have no idea where people get the idea that worms ‘hate’ them. Just don’t overdo it.
And the quote from Shall We Dance – where Susan Sarandon talks about needing a witness to our lives – has picked up our site too. I checked out one other search result and found this delightful quote:
“Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can’t see anything wrong with each other.” Ren Yasenek

No comments: